Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jonathan (1/31) Lifting Restarted

After a hiatus from lifting basically since November, I've finally been able to start again. Job + Thesis + new life took all my time. Thesis is now done and I can resume standard Sheiko death nights.

My first chance to lift again was this Saturday. Let's just say... wow, you get weak! My legs were so shocked, they were burning and slightly spasming -- and I had just been doing "light" high volume up to about 205. Got the classic "two-day sores" and could barely walk today.

Still, I went to the gym today to start Sheiko 37 anew. Only did half of it due to time, but I was at least happy that I could complete the 3x5x75% first chest session.

My plan is to hit it hard and see if I can complete Sheiko 37 at the same max weights I left off on in October: 306 squat / 244 bench / 435 dead. I fully expect to NOT be able to complete all the sets, but that's OK. In 4 weeks I at least should be *roughly* where I left off. I then may try a more intense routine at the same weights, like #40 maybe.

Advice appreciated! Glad to be back.

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back, Jon. I'm not familiar with Sheiko, but I guess my main comment would be to start a little bit lighter. After such a long layoff, you're probably significantly weaker and may end up just driving yourself into the ground. If you want to make progress quickly, you could do something like start off with your target maxes at 80-90% of your previous max, then increase your target max (and work loads) every workout by a few percent until you're back to where you started.

    ReplyDelete