Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gordon: 1/12 Back from vacation

Hey yall I'm back from sunny California ;_; I'm gonna post regularly from now on, since I currently can't find my notebook that has my training from the past year, and realized it's a good idea to have a back up log for my training.

I'm now at 178lbs, after 3 weeks of Gold's Gym and lots of home cooking. I'm going back to the novice program from Starting Strength, since I realized my best progress/weight gain was on a program even simpler than the Texas Method that I've been doing. I will try this for a few months and see how it goes. I'm also going to try to put RPEs for exercises since they seem to help the others.

Squat: 2x5x275 @ 7
SS novice has 2 heavy 3x5 squat days and 1 light squat day per week. Today was a light day.

Press: 3x5x145 @ 9

Deadlift, sumo: 1x5x345 @ 8
Resetted, since I've only pulled heavy twice in the past month.

Power clean: 5x3x60kg @ 9
Gonna start doing these again as part of SS.

6 comments:

  1. Novice as in increasing weight each training session? That's ambitious. Are you sure it will still work for you? There's a reason that novice/intermediate/advanced programs are designed the way they are. I, for one, can no longer progress session-to-session, though week-to-week improvements are still within my grasp (kinda).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try novice progression for a bit and see. I think when I stalled on it before it was also when I stopped eating enough to gain weight. I want to try this again, while upping my food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gordon,
    welcome back man. Are you planning on competing in February's meet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be back :D And yes, I am definitely competing in February's meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, man! I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete