Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nathan: 8/7

▼ 1. 8/7/09 - Fri - SHEIKO #24

Weight: 218 (morning). Time: 2:30?

  End of a tough week. Today went fairly well, but not great.

• Bench 45x10x3, 155x3 (50), 185x3 (60), 215x3x2 (70), 245x3x5 (80)

Pecs very sore from flies on Wednesday, so I did a bit of a warm-up.

  Carlos said that looking my feet my ass appears to come off the bench, but from the side it is obviously on the bench. Interesting, but I should be OK on this front.

  I wore a crappy shirt that was sliding on the bench and hurting my arch. I was also using a bar with no rings so my hands were uneven sometimes. This made the last sets less easy than they should have been, but they were still OK.

• Squat 135x5x3, 225x3 (50), 275x3x2 (60), 315x3x2 (70), 365x3x6 (80)

I realized today that the meet is IPA, so it will have a monolift. I decided it was past time I practiced it, so I did all my sets in the monolift. This also meant I had no supports, so I had to rely on side spots (thanks Jason & Dee). This is good practice for the meet also, because not having the supports always bothers me.

  As for the lifting, I belted all the 365's. They were varying degrees of difficulty, but generally the first two were OK and the last was somewhat difficult. I feel my form was decent, but since I had side spotters they couldn't really tell what it was looking like. Definitely better than Monday regardless.

• Bench 155x4 (50), 185x4 (60), 215x4x4 (70)

Easy.

• Dislocates lots of reps with purple band throughout

• A: Dumbell bench 50x10x5

• A: Good mornings 135x5x5


No comments:

Post a Comment