Friday, August 26, 2011

Frank (8/26): Bench

Bench
10x45, 10x95, 5x135, 3x185, 3x225, 1x265
1x290 @ 9+
1x290 @ 10
1x290 @ 10-
I almost tipped to the side on the first one. On the second one, I felt a little pop in my left elbow. It was nothing serious, but it did make me lose tension, so the rep was a bit of a grinder. The third was smooth.

Press
5x45, 5x95, 3x135
5x175 @ 10-
5x175 @ 10
4x175 @ F
D'oh.

Pullup
5x65 @ 9-
5x65 @ 9-
5x65 @ 9-

Dumbbell Curl: 2x4 @ 55
Some Tricep Stuff

In other news, I definitely pulled something on the left side of my lower back since that areas been a little stiff and painful every morning for the last two days. Thankfully, it gets better after a good warmup and as the day goes on. I'll keep training through it, but will probably dial back the intensity a bit, especially on deadlifts.

I will probably come in to the Z tomorrow instead of to TPS Sunday because of the possible hurricane.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, if you are in Boston you do not get to call this a "hurricane." It won't be anywhere NEAR category 1 status by the time it reaches you. Enjoy your pleasant little summer shower, while we absorb the brunt of it down here. Of course if I was in North Carolina I'd be yelling the same thing at me...be that as it may...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can yell at all of you since I lived through Hurrican Andrew http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Andrew
    QED

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you were too young to remember it. :P
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Isabel
    I remember seeing trees that were over 1 meter in diameter fall down and school was closed for over a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's our Shanker. Always willing to take one for the team...

    Alright, tough guys. I didn't grow up in an area with a lot of wind, but I did have to live through this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northridge_earthquake), and I was old enough to remember it.

    ReplyDelete