Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Keone (4/20)

Squat
275x5x3

Bench
175x4
175x5
175x4

Deadlift
315x4
365x3
385x1
400x1
405x1 (PR)
415xF
415xF
405xF
Legs shaking from the 405x1 onward. The one that worked featured a lot of shaking but I think was legal. I'll put up video when I get back.
Edit: D'oh, definitely hitching. Also, back rounding. I'm an idiot and I need to fix my form.

Dips
BWx11
BWx8 (close out 11 w/ assist)
BWx6 (")

Chins
BWx8x3

The biggest effect of carbohydrate deficit seem to be endurance. I get tired from a lot less. At least there is a good explanation for this...

4 comments:

  1. Your lower back didn't look to bad to me for a PR deadlift. If you do a lift like this once a month, I think your lower back will be ok. I would be more worried about your head/neck position and locking out you knees. Maybe I'm wrong, what does everyone else think?

    I would like to see what my PR deadlifts look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible camera angle, need to be like 15 degrees more from the side.

    But the hitching wasn't that bad, I'd probably give the lift 1-2 whites based on the judging on that particular day. Nice lift either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this lift is hitched at all. The bar neither stops nor is it being jerked. Should be a good lift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting 4 plates! I agree with everyone else that it looked like a good lift. There was only a tiny bit of hitching that I could see from that angle, but as Nathan noted, the angle is a bit suboptimal.

    The only thing I would say would be to not hyperextend at the top of the lift. There's no reason to do that, and you run the risk of injury. Just straighten up till everything locks out (you'll be able to tell because you'll be able to hold the weight with much less effort), then put it back down.

    ReplyDelete