Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals

I'm not much of a New Year's Resolutioner (mainly because I think it's pretty silly to wait until a new year to set a goal), but now's as good a time as any to discuss this. Plus, I sometimes get the feeling that not everyone here has goals they're working toward, and this will hopefully help them get a little bit of structure.

This is mainly about lifting related/athletic goals, but feel free to add other stuff if you want.

Mine are simple: hit Elite (1396) at 181 at a meet this year. Go to at least three meets.

2 comments:

  1. My main goal is to go to atleast one meet, and I'd like to start by attending the Feb. 12 meet (even if my squat/deadlift are going to blow). Other than that, just to keep getting stronger (I'd like to press 225 for example) and keeping myself from getting injured (ankle/shoulder injuries in 2010).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. The Feb 12 meet is definitely a good idea. It's a well run meet, and I think a bunch of us will be going.

    ReplyDelete