Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frank (10/19): Squat, Intensity 1

Back Squat
5x45, 5x95, 5x135, 5x185, 5x225, 3x275, 3x315, 1x365
3x410 @ 10
3x410 @ 10
3x410 @ 10
The last rep of the first set was kind of a grinder, but I was able to get through it with decent form. The second set might have been cut a bit high, but was still tough. On the third set, the first rep was great, the second was iffy, and the third was basically a good morning.

Cleans
2x70, 2x80, 2x90
2x100
2x100
2x100

Oly Squat: 4x8 @ 245
Ab Rollout: 3x6

8 comments:

  1. holy hell...

    what happened to your power cleans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you shooting for singles in squats next week (or the week after)? In this case, here is a nice phrase we use around here (probably not original), which also applies to deadlifts:
    BREAK A PR, OR BREAK YOUR SPINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aaron: Not sure I understand, are the cleans better or worse than expected? Anyway, I wanted to do power cleans, but my technique was a bit iffy, and I only got a really strong pull on my first rep, so that was power cleaned. The rest were full cleaned. 100kg has been my "reset weight" for a while (i.e. the weight I can do even after not lifting for a while, but only for a single).

    @Danny: Damn straight. Something will be broken, anyway, my PR, my spine, or my ego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was supposed to be a joke. Like holy hell (make you think I was talking about your big squats), then I talk about your cleans. And when I made that comment, I had thought it was 100lbs...whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, I suggest to add explanatory footnotes to this kind of jokes. Some of the blog readers (well, at least one) are foreigners and need additional help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I much prefer the phrase "PR or ER."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, that's a great one. But unfortunately, it doesn't translate well to other languages, so it's useful only for English speakers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's probably why I didn't hear it. My laptop speakers are from China.

    ReplyDelete