Monday, October 18, 2010

JC (10/18)- Bench Max

Bench-
135x5, 185x3, 225x1, 275x1, 315x1
345x1 (5lb PR)
Backdown set-
225x17 (PR for 225 I suppose)
345 went up pretty easy. I tried 350 but I couldn't quite do it after the 345 attempt. Not sure if this is such a great improvement, but w/e.

Dumbbell Rows-
100- 2x8
I got excited with all this dumbbell/barbell/pendlay row talk, so I decided to do some dumbbell rows.


Its getting hard to workout 6 days a week, mostly because I am starting to work at JCPenney along with school and stuff. Sooo..., I cut short my training cycle, from 6 to 4 weeks (where I'm trying out my maxes on this 4th week), and after reading through the 5-3-1 manual I decided that it will suit best my current conditions. And yes Shanker, I'll will try this program out for a minimum of 3 months, no matter how impatient I get :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice PR JC! If I may ask, though (not lifting related), why are you working at a JC Penney? Seems kind of like a waste of time to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frank! I think I got 350 or more in me, but I'm not sure when to max out again. As for JCPenney, its a seasonal job. I've been broke for a while.... :(

    ReplyDelete