Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Frank (11/24): RTS Intensity, Deadlifts

Deadlift (belted)
2x475 @ 8
2x485 @ 9
2x495 @ 9.5
2x495 @ 10
These felt strong. Speed was good on all reps.

Pause Squat (~2 seconds, belted)
2x300 @ 9
2x300 @ 9
2x310 @ 9.5
2x310 @ 10
I tested a few different stances and belt-tightnesses. I find that I feel much more stable with a tighter belt (1 notch tighter than for deadlifts) and with my feet a little closer in (1 or 2 inches each). I think that might be part of my problem with heavy squats. I was never very strong with wide stances (my sumo deadlift sucks).

Ab Pulldown: 3x15@190

I'll be out for Thanksgiving and will be doing singles for squats on 12/1, singles for bench on 12/3, and singles for deadlifts on 12/5. My schedule after that is a little messed up because I'll be in California for much of December, so I'm a little wary of planning too far ahead unless I know where my parents put their very expensive coatrack and doorstoppers. An alternative would be to do a full "meet day" on 12/1, deload for about a week, then get at least one solid week of volume before taking off.

I will definitely be back in full form in January.

3 comments:

  1. here are some sites: sherdog.net
    ironaddicts.com
    powerandbulk.com
    wannabebig.com
    deepsquatter.com
    liftism.com

    I highly recommend ironaddicts.com I'm not very strong, but I owe all my gains to Ironaddicts, all of them. They have many, many people with over 1200lb totals. In fact, the only people allowed to give advice are those people who are strong. Iron addict himself has pulled over 600, and now as a 47 year old can still squat 365 for 10 or so, clean. They have this 90kg 800lbs deadlifter (equipped), a guy name Future who has squatted 1000. Go to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron -- "I owe all my gains to ...": No one trains for you, no one makes great lifts for you, and more importantly no one fails or gets injured for you. Giving deserved credit to others (training partners, coaches, etc) is good, but giving credit to yourself is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'm still a "noob" at powerlifting, I have to say that I agree 100% with Danny.

    ReplyDelete