Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Aaron 11/24

Kroc Row
70lb DB x10
80lb DB x10
85lb DB x10

Front Squat
225lbs x3 x3

45* Hyper
25 reps

Some gripwork of 20kg plate deadlifts. My groin still was a little iffy, but I decided to front squat anyway. I really wanted to get 225 so I could prove to Justin they weren't that hard. They were, but I still did them. Big mistake. Really bad form, might have affected my back...I should've just done lunges.

My goal was to have a 1200lb total after only a year of lifting. That gives me 5-6 months (I started in June, but really Mayish) to go. If I can add 10lbs a month to my rep work, I'll be benchin 250, squatting 350, and deadlifting 410ish for reps, which might put me at a 4/3/5 gym lifts. It seems too ambitious. I might change it to a year and half. I really wanted it to be comp lifts, but that might be cutting it close.

I know 1200 is still really ambitious, but I am over 200lbs now, and I'm planning on getting to 100kg, plus, I recall someone said they are achievable if a trainee does everything right. I haven't done "everything right" but I still want to take the one year challenge. Oh, this comes with getting a 300lb overhead press by the end of my college time; about 3 years. Achievable? Maybe. I really believe I can hit those numbers safely, without serious injury.

4 comments:

  1. Hah. Kroc Rows...nice. As for grip, keep doing them but for more reps. Grip will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you just choose not to write it, but I haven't seen much of a mention of warming up. Especially when you're a little dinged it can make a huge difference...
    Since I got hurt I don't think I've gone into my working sets on anything less than 15-20 minutes of dynamic stretching and aerobic activity.
    Here's a recent article from EFS (yea, I know, some of you will laugh, but don't discount it, lots of valuable info)
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/effective_warmup.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron,
    Do you work out at the Z Center? Ive been seriously training in powerlifting for about 2.5 months now and have some pretty ambitious (I think) goals myself: I was just wondering how you are setting out your workouts so that you can achieve your 1200 lb goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I go to the Z center. Honestly I don't think those are ambitious goals at all. At ironaddicts.com, it seems very commonplace. I believe everyone can achieve it in less than 2 years if you have a decent routine and eating/sleeping schedule. The reason they're ambitious is because I want to do it in 1 year, which isn't likely considering my injuries...my routine is just squat + assistance, bench +assistance, deadlift +assistance, and military +assistance. Everything I've done so far has been a PR.

    However, I haven't been lifting for long, and my lifts blow, So all my opinions have very small weight when compared to the opinions of the experienced lifters here.

    ReplyDelete