Saturday, February 12, 2011

Keone Meet results

Squat:
130 kg
142.5 kg
152.5 kg (= 336 lbs, PR)

Bench:
80 kg (F, did not wait for 'rack' command at the top, d'oh)
82.5 kg (success, ignored conventional wisdom of repeating due to fear about third set)
87.5 (F, long pause halfway up)

Deadlift:
155 kg
170 kg
175 kg (= 385 lbs, PR)

Total: 152.5 + 82.5 + 175 = 410 kg = 903 lbs. Cleared my goal!

Was conservative on squat due to my using my funky old way of gripping the bar, which reduces pain but is slightly unstable. None of the sets felt very hard.

Bench was crappy. I jumped the gun on racking the lift the first time and got redlighted, and probably should have approached the third lift with a bit more intensity. I agree with the comments about the pause at the bottom being really long, although that is no excuse. Need to train with a pause.

Deadlift attempts were chosen to clear 900 lbs total. 385 didn't feel too bad, so that's some mileage to look forward to next time.

Thanks to Dee for driving us and to Nathan and Frank for excellent coaching. This was a lot of fun, and I'm definitely down to go to the next meet (in May?)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree, Nate and Frank are great coaches, and thanks Dee for Driving, saved us a lot of troubles.
    Can you post the videos or send me the dropbox link for the video?
    You did a great job today, considering you only slept a few hours last night and having a cold in the last a couple of days. I think in the next meet in May you can total over 1000 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. What did you weigh in at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted the videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/unsorted1?feature=mhum. Sorry for the delay, I was away from my computer with USB cable.

    Garrett--thanks, I weighed in at the 82.5 kg class (same as Sheng and Frank, heh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your first meet and lifting through the elbow problem dude! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Keone, the videos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete