Saturday, January 15, 2011

Keone 1/15: First post!

Hi everyone, I guess I'm new around here although I know some of you from talking to you at the Z.

Thanks to everyone for being awesomely supportive the past few months. I've been learning a lot from you guys.

I'm doing starting strength. I started the program in November but I think of this January as my official start date due to more sincere attempts to eat enough (GOMAD) and fix my form. If you see me doing something wrong yell at me!


Squat
(warmups)
235x3x5
my left tricep was hurting by the time I got to the work sets. I'm not very flexible and am still adjusting to low-bar squats, and I think in one of the later warmup sets (215x5) I let the weight slip down too far and pull my left arm back too far. Got through squats okay; bench not so much...

Bench
95x1x5
135x1x5
155x1x3
175x1x1 (intended to do 5, probably shouldn't have tried it given the circumstances... deload...)
165x1x3 (still too heavy apparently)
155x3x5 (finally.)

Yeah, total fail today. Shouldn't have been so overambitious especially given the soreness. It feels okay now though, so no permanent damage. Will try 170x3x5 next time (maybe doing bench first) and GIT R DONE

Deadlift
155x1x5
243x1x5
293x1x5
303x1x5

Back rounding a bit on the last few reps of the last set. I think my hips might be too high from overcorrection (used to be too low). Extra emphasis on fixing next time.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome! We need to workout together sometime this IAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. A quick note, I think eating lots of meat and veggies is more important than GOMAD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog, Keone, and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete