Friday, December 31, 2010

Shanker: 5/3/1 Crap Week

Not a good week. Maybe its all the extra holiday crap I've been eating, the break in my usual routine, the longer than average do nothing period (thanks retarded holiday hours). Also elbow problems are back in full force. Fuck.

Got in, hit my sets for my reps, didn't push anything.

Squat
310x5

then did box squats, pause squats, more squats until I couldn't move. Played with stance and brought it out a good 8 inches or so (I've been super narrow, basically a DL stance, to this point). Let's see how this works over the rest of this cycle.

Bench Press
230x5 (got help on #6)

Fuck radial neuropathy.

Also did Rows up to 160 again.
DB Presses up to 80x5, but had to rest for a while to let elbow cool down first. Once that happened, these were actually alright.

Deadlift
455x5

Mid-shin pulls
up to 525, easy. I need to start taping these so I can see just how much my upper back rounds.

Pause Squats
up to 315 for a single.

Fuck radial neuropathy again.

As for lifting at the meet, that is still very much in the air right now, because of the elbow. I am not going to risk making this worse.

Despite the fact that this may come off "raw" or impolite, spare me the armchair doctoring on radial neuropathy. I'm just sharing here for the record, not asking for advice. I've seen or talked to 3 different orthopaedists, the problem has gone away with certain changes and come back. Right now this cycle is as much about figuring out what lets me lift without pain as it is about making progress.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment