Saturday, November 6, 2010

Frank (11/6): Deadlift, Intensity 3

Deadlift
5x135, 5x225, 5x315, 3x365, 3x405, 1x455, 1x495, 1x545
1x565
1x595
Easy.
Fx625
I lost it literally an inch from lockout. I just couldn't manage to straighten out my back.
Fx625
Got it to just below my knee.
Fx625
Didn't even clear the ground this time.

Pause Squat
5x45, 5x95, 5x135, 5x185, 5x225, 3x275, 3x315
1x365
Easy. My right hip has been bothering me a little throughout this cycle though, and I could really feel it in the hole. I'll have to be careful about that.

Front Squat: 4x8 @ 205
Ab Pulldown: 3x15 @ 190

Well, you can't win them all, I guess. Gym total for this cycle is 445+305+595 = 1345, which isn't bad, but is quite a bit worse than I expected.

5 comments:

  1. So, I watched you up til 595 I believe, and given how many of your DL workouts that I've seen, I'm inclined to believe that today was an anomaly. On the reps I saw, for whatever reason your pull slowed at or slightly above knee level and then re-accelerated at lockout. This isn't quite consistent with your statement that you failed 625 at lockout, but then again I wasn't there for that.

    My extremely verbose point is merely this, I've never seen your rep slow at the knee, I've only seen it slow at lockout, which, based on personal observation, leads me to believe that today was just a funky day.

    Those are my 2 cents based on partial observation, but I hope its of some value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong lifting Frank.

    If might be 595 this time, but next time it could be 630. Who knows? Your body might have a "strength spurt." Maybe it was just a bad day.

    Either way, pulling that much is awesome. I'm constantly referring to you when I talk about lifters. Someone pulls 600 at 200lb+? Not impressed, more in awe of Frank's pull. Someone squats 400+? Not impressed, Frank does more. You are a constant reminder that I can get stronger. Thanks Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wholeheartedly with Aaron. I got into powerlifting because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support guys.

    Still, don't idolize me too much. There are tons of lifters out there that are way, way, stronger than I am at the same (or lighter) bodyweight. They're the guys that I'm chasing, in the same way that I guess you guys are chasing me :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank, unlike Aaron and JC, other than ...
    1. Placing your 600+ DL videos on my desktop.
    2. Building a little "Frank temple" (didn't cost that much, though I won't be buying a new car anytime soon).
    3. Asking the national museum here to display a "Frank piece of chalk" as a historical artifact (Rene scrapped some of the bar and sent it via UPS express).
    I don't idolize you or something.

    ReplyDelete