Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fractional plates

Do any of you want to go in on a set of fractional plates to leave at the Z-center gym?  I don't really feel like dropping $50, and carrying the plates around, but I've got $10 on it.

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fractionals.php

Also, for those of you who do not know me.  I'm a graduate student in the Biology department.  I lift at the Z center in the evening about 3 times a week, though less recently, since my thesis defense is in a month.

My current PRs are 315/235/408.

3 comments:

  1. Use the collars instead, they are about 1lb each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is a place to put these so they won't be stolen by others, I will put in $10. In the past, the Z center (and every other commercial gym I've visited) hasn't been very open to this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side, we have kg plates, so I'm sure that using 2.5, 2.75, 5, 5.5, 10, and 11 lbs plates (two pairs of each, I think) will allow us to hit almost every gradation of weight in 0.5lb increments (maybe 0.25lbs if you count the spring clips). I mean, you guys go to MIT, so stuff like this should be a piece of cake :).

    ReplyDelete