Friday, August 13, 2010

Aaron (8/13)

Belted Deadlift: 360lbs x5 reps x3 sets
Plate Pinches: 3 5kg plates in each hand for 15s, 4 5kg plates +25lbs x20s x2 sets
Overhead Lunges: 45lbs x10 reps x2 sets
Chin ups: +40lbs x5 reps
+45lbs x6 reps x2 sets
BB curls: 55lbs x8 reps
65lbs x8 reps
75lbs x8 reps

Deads were easy, but grip is failing. I need to start with the over and under. Overhead lunges were something I realized I could do and I think they are the greatest thing since people discovered squatting and deadlifting. They help with my shoulder flexibility as well as work unilaterally. Both things I needed to do. Chins were done explosively. And I curled in the bench racks. Good session.

3 comments:

  1. A few reps with double-overhand at 360 means that you're in pretty good shape grip-wise. I'm just guessing that anything under 500 (or even 550) should be a really easy over-under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only do 2 reps at 365 double overhand before the bar starts rolling out of my hands, and grip is not a problem for me. If you're worried about your grip for deadlifting, I wouldn't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To give an alternate perspective, at the time of my last meet I could do 405x5 with double overhand. And then I lost my grip on a 560 deadlift. This was the first and only time I have ever had problems with grip on a maximal deadlift, but go figure.

    ReplyDelete