Tuesday, August 17, 2010

08/17 5SM Shanker Upper 2

Dips
BW x 12
BW+25 x 10
BW+45 x 8
BW+65 x 6

BW+80 x 5
BW+80 x 5
BW+80 x 5
BW+80 x 5
BW+80 x 5
difficult but doable

Pullups
BW x 12
BW+25 x 10
BW+25 x 10
BW+25 x 8
BW+25 x 8
BW+25 x 7

lowered the intensity.

Chins
BWx12
literally couldn't do chins because the pump in my forearms prevented me from bending my hands at the right angle to grip the bar. Fail.

Core stuff.

Also, Frank, I'm not sure understood you correctly when you said that you're not supposed to roll your lower back. In everything I've read/heard from physical therapists and orthopedists in dealing with my own problems, this just simply isn't the case. As it pertains to my own physical therapy, the type of treatment that I do I've had checked, double checked and triple checked, as my entire time powerlifting has been marred with lower back issues. I'm doing what I am supposed to. I agree, slamming one's tailbone against a PVC pipe is not ideal, but this is not what "rolling lower back" refers to. Perhaps there's a nomenclature difference in what you were referring to, I'm not sure, but we should be sure to illuminate that for the sake of clarity.

1 comment:

  1. Naw, just personal experience. I should have clarified that. When I used the PVC pipe last Saturday (?), all my muscle groups felt great afterward except for my lower back (erectors, lumbar area), which was tight as hell and painful the next day. It's fine now, but I probably did something wrong. I'm still trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete