Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shanker: Planning Ahead

ok, i need something to do while i chew my steak...so here I am again...
Where to begin? Major dates to keep in mind:

July 29th: I get my left radial nerve looked at by an elbow specializing orthopedist (there are specialties within specialties...who knew?)

October 3rd: APA Meet in Framingham, VT

yea...so, planning for the absolute worst as far being unable to lift for any period of time, I should still have roughly 6 weeks from the 3rd week of August until October. This leaves time for a shortened 5 Sets Method Cycle and a quick week of meet prep (or something like that, I need to look at the calendar to be sure).

Meet Prep will basically be heavy triples like last time.
And the next cycle of 5 Sets Method will be 4 weeks long. 5 sets every workout for all major lifts of 5, 4, 3 and 4 reps for each week, respectively. It's pretty much the same as it is now, shortened by 1 week (but I will be using a belt for all major lower body lifts). If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lower 1:
Deadlifts
Pause Squats
Leg Press

Upper 1:
Bench Press
Standing Military
Kroc Row

Lower 2:
Squats
Rack Pulls

Upper 2:
Weighted Dips
Weighted Pullups
Weighted Chins

And that's that. Back to steaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment