Saturday, July 31, 2010

JC (07/30)- RSP Lower Day 9/Upper Day 8

Decided to bench today as I did not do so yesterday.

Back Squat-
Work set-
285- 6x2
Gave myself 2 minutes to rest between sets. Felt easy. Belted.

Bench Press-
45x10
135x5
185x3
225x3
Work set-
265- 6x6
Oh yeah. These were not so difficult. I believe military presses would fatigue me way too much in the past, which is what made bench pressing harder. I may stop doing military presses on the same day as bench.

Ab roller- 3x6

Third week of RSP essentially over. Just 3 more to go. Looking forward to results.

4 comments:

  1. Hi JC. If your main focus is powerlifting and not general strength training (whatever that means), it makes sense to give bench presses priority over military presses. For example, if you're doing both on the same day, start with bench presses. Having that said, if your workout looks like squat --> BP --> MP, it is quite possible that the BP can suffer from fatigue, in which case MP can serve as (very active) rest if you change the order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you prob meant squat-->MP-->BP, which is what I was doing for the last few weeks. I believe you are right, if I switch BP and MP it should become a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I see that the previous message is not very clear. What I meant is that, at first glance, a workout like squat --> BP --> MP (which is not what you're doing right now) seems to give higher priority to BP. However, it's also possible that you'll be completely wiped out after squats, and moving immediately to BP could actually be worse. As weird as it may seem, in my case I'll be more energetic after SQ --> MP than after SQ only, just because MP gives me some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I see what you mean Danny. Hmm, I need to figure out which works best.

    ReplyDelete