Tuesday, January 12, 2010

JC (01/12)- Back squat, front squat, military press

Earlier today I was filling like crap (Cambridge weather no good for me). Drank some Tylenol, took a little nap- felt much better.

Back squat:
Warm up
Work-set:
270-3x5
Felt pretty easy. Ive been making consistent progress with the squat as I add 5 lbs to my work set each work out. I'd like to see how long I can keep this up.

Military Press:
Warm up
Work-set:
160- 1x5
135- 1x5
I'm sort of following the routine I used to follow for my bench not too long ago. I feel that is what got me a lot stronger in my bench. My first set is my basically my target set- it is the heavier weight. My second set is about 70-80% of my first set. The point is to continuously add weight to my target set every workout.

Front squat:
145- 3x5

Power clean:
40 kg- like 2-3 sets of 2 or 3 reps
60 kg- same as above.
I don't know, felt pretty awkward. Need to keep practicing.

1 comment:

  1. Great progress on the squats. You'll get there on the cleans. Watch a lot of videos, practice a lot, and you'll get the hang of it soon enough. They actually looked pretty decent today.

    ReplyDelete