Wednesday, December 9, 2009

JC (12/08)- Oly Training

Hey Guys,
So I finally decided to make the trip all the way to Excel Sports & Fitness in Waltham. It was a pain, considering I got lost in Brandeis and it was cold as heck.. but I got there.

Anyways, I immediately started practicing the lifts with primary coach Ben Fuller. I think I progressed pretty nicely, and I really enjoyed this tiring yet fruitful session. I know for a fact that Olympic Weightlifting is what I want to continue doing- I just feel exhilarated when performing the lifts.

I do feel bummed that bench pressing doesn't really help in Olympic lifts, considering it was my favorite of the three power lifts.

I'll be keeping you guys posted.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool. Was it the coaching free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I do, at some point, want to take up Olympic lifting again. Maybe then, you can be my coach =).

    And yes, I knew that bench pressing was pretty useless for Olympic lifting, but I didn't want to burst your bubble so early...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Aaron- so the first time you go you don't get charged. But after, its 125$ a month.

    @ Frank- Hahaha. Yeah man, maybe if I become any good I can be your coach. LOL. As for benching, I'll get over it...

    ReplyDelete