Monday, February 7, 2011

Keone 2/7

Let me preface this by saying that I know I need to take this next week lighter to prepare for the meet. This was my last heavy day and my reasoning was that I wanted to prove to myself that I could lift through this tendinitis (or whatever you want to call it, since Shanker is fair in cautioning against conclusive self-diagnosis) since there is a decent chance I will not be 100% before the meet.

Also I just like lifting heavy, and am not taking this meet too seriously.

Cleans
40kgx5
50kgx5
55kgx5
60kgx5
65kgx5

Used an ordinary bar (Mark's bar was taken), which was hard to twist quickly enough--lots of wrist strain. Left bicep started hurting again from wrist strain. Decided this was a bad idea.

This never used to hurt, so I assume my injury (or whatever you want to call it) from squatting is persisting and needs time to heal.

Moved to deadlift since I knew this wouldn't aggravate wrists.

Deadlift
(warmups)
315x5
335x5
345x5 (edit: PR)
355x3
365x2 (third rep F due to thigh hitching. but, 365 (old single PR) for 2 makes me happy)
375x1 (back rounding) (PR?)
385xF
335x3 (quit afterward due to shaky legs)

Fatigue.


Bench
(warmups)
135x5
155x3 (pause at chest to practice)
165x2
175x1
180xF

This is when my bicep started to flare up.


Squat
stretched, then tried "good" wrist position. no bicep trauma.
135x5
185x5
enough tempting fate. EOW


I think my openers will be as follows:
Squat 300
Bench 175
Deadlift 345

Bench could probably be higher, but I also don't want to fail my openers.

Sorry for the long post.

2 comments:

  1. The openers make sense. I also wouldn't stress too much about your first meet, but you don't want to stress too little either :). Definitely take it light (<70%) from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and when I had elbow problems, doing cleans was absolute agony. It's one of the reasons I stopped doing them.

    ReplyDelete