Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Keone 1/26

Just me today, David slept through.


Squat
(warmups)
270x5x3

Still good progress.


Press
(warmups)
96.5x5x3
99x6

Got to use my 1.25 lb plates for the first time today. They helped. Then did a set w/ extra rep (this amp goes to 11!) at 99, which should be my new work set next time. Maybe this is the start of some progress.


Clean
(warmups)
133 x 5
144 x 3 x 5 failed on last rep on 3 of the sets... guh...
133 x 5 x 3 quickly

I blame footwear for this one. I found that my street shoes (umm, puma driving shoes, don't make fun of me) are actually the best shoes I have for clean, but I wore boots today for the snow. I know it's kind of silly, but if superstition affects me that's not the worst thing in the world since at least I can control it. :)

Also, met Brian and JC today and stayed around just long enough to see Frank hit a squat triple at 405. Congrats man, hope i'm not stealing your thunder by mentioning this.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, no worries, and no thunder stolen. I've tripled 425 before, actually, and I wasn't even feeling that great today. Still, I'm glad I managed to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making nice progress!

    ReplyDelete