Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13 Shanker 5/3/1 DL Week 3

Posting has been sporadic, and if you look at my recent history it looks like I'm becoming one of those guys who only posts good workouts. Nevertheless, I'll do a full recap of this cycle at the end of week, hopefully alleviating this.

Felt like I could run through a brick wall today, and apparently with good reason:

DL
135x10
225x10
315x5

380x5
(belted)
430x3
480x5

Got 5 without any doubt, thought I might have 6 in me but wasn't feeling it off of the floor, so stopped there.

Mid-Shin Pulls
135x10
225x10
315x5
(belted)
405x5
455x3
495x3
515x1

Contemplated 545, but I think I was rounding on the 515, so decided against it.

Leg Press (Knees In)
4 plates x 8
5 plates x 6
6 plates x 4

core shit.

rawr.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff. I (finally) read the article by Paul Carter you told me to read a while ago (didn't have much internet access while I was out of commission from my ankle injury). Its really insightful, especially the whole "paralysis by analysis" dilemna. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the effort you put into helping everyone here in this blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot JC, I appreciate it. In general I find Paul Carter to be a very good source of information. His squatting articles (which Frank posted way back when) were of immense help.

    Also, I think we all realize that trying to train alone can be quite difficult, so we're all looking forward to you coming back to MIT.

    All the mistakes you have made, I have made, in many cases twice as badly. It was only having Danny look over my shoulder every step of the way as I was transitioning that made it "click" for me. So I give you much props. But heal up, get back here and let's have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit, just when I thought I might be catching up with you, you pull this huge number. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think it *that* big of a leap.
    From 460x6 to 475x4 to 480x5
    Nevertheless, thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice lifting. I must say, one thing that keeps me training so hard is that I know that if you ever beat me at deadlifting, you will become (even more) insufferable :D.

    Looking forward to the recap.

    ReplyDelete