Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sheng(11/17)

squat: 45*8+95*6+135*6+185*5+225*5+275*5*5
bench: 45*6+95*5+135*5+185*5+225*5+245*5*3+255*3
press: 45*6+95*5+115*5*5
deadlift: 70kg*6+110kg*5+140*3*3+190kg*1+255kg*1(PR+5kg)
Originally I planned to deload today, but my friend did 170kg deadlift, usually I did his weight *1.5, he bet that I couldn't do 255kg, I was inspired so I tried, and succeed. And I also closed No. 2 of the hand-muscle developer (did I call it right?) in the gym for the first time today, feels quite excited.
Maybe because I took a nap before came to gym today, and wasn't too tired after squat and bench.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You did all that today before deadlift and still pulled off a PR?! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PRs. People usually call it gripper, or by the brand name "Captain of Crush"( CoC for short). So since you closed it you'd say "I closed the #2 CoC gripper."

    ReplyDelete
  3. -- Congratulations on the deadlift PR! You should definitely consider entering a meet.

    -- When you can close #2 for 5-6 consecutive reps, it's worth trying #2.5 (don't know if they have this at MIT).

    -- @Q: I haven't followed Sheng's workouts very carefully, but everything he did before the 255 DL looks like an easy warm-up (though there were many sets).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q: Just like Danny said, what I did earlier was kinda of warm up, that's why I could pull a PR at last.
    Aaron: Thanks for pointing that out.
    Danny: I tried many times before, yesterday was my first time closing #2. In order to do that, I practiced for two months, almost each time before I left gym, I closed #1 for several sets till exhaust. And if I am in a good condition and time allows, when you guys participate in a meet, I will join. Yesterday's PR for deadlift was a pure accident, I was planning to deload, if it wasn't for the bet I wouldn't have done it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. As sick as CoD: Black Ops (not sure if you get the reference).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice deadlift, and closing the #2 CoC is no joke.

    ReplyDelete