Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Aaron (11/3)

Bench: 230lbs x3 reps x3 sets @10
Wide Grip Pull-ups: +75lbs x3 reps x3 sets, bw x10 reps @10/@5
Overhead Press: 135lbs x5 reps x2 sets, 137lbs x5 reps@9
DB Rows: 120lbs x5 reps x3 sets @10
rotator cuff

Bench was hard, guess I've hit the upper-body-is-hard-now phase. Same with pull-ups. I was getting so little ROM (or so it felt) that I just started to hate these things. I did make up my mind that as long as I move it counts but I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

To make up for it I decided to try bdw pull-ups. I tried this new form thats kind of like kipping pullups in that you swing, but I didn't use my legs to bump me up. I figured that "swing" is actually a stretch reflex that engages your lats instead of being all arm (think pull-overs). Well...I got bored after 10 (wide grip too!). I'm going to murder 37.

Didn't sleep to much last night, only about 6 hours. Life is getting to me.

4 comments:

  1. As a training partner I am conflicted. I want you to reach your goal of 37, however I also want that steak. I think I want the steak more =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a training partner I am similarly conflicted. I want to reach my goal of eating a steak made by you, however I also want to perform 37 pull-ups to spite you. I think I am in a win-win situation ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you actually going to do it? Also, I'd like to make a prediction to put on the record. I'm gonna say you get 28.

    ReplyDelete