Friday, October 29, 2010

JC (10/29)- 5/3/1 Week 1 Military Press

Military press-
125x5
140x5
160x14 (Progress number: 235)
Once again, have video but unable to upload it at the moment...

Military press assistance-
115- 5x10
Boring... but big.

Chinups-
5x5
Goal here is to increase to 5x10 gradually.

Dumbbell rows-
100x10
100- 2x5
Its noticeable that I've been neglecting my pulling exercises. Consistent training will take care of this. Note: left hand grip considerably behind right hand grip.

6 comments:

  1. Well, no one ever said you couldn't press. Jesus. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro. I look forward to the long-term progression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damnit it JC...why'd you have to go and rep my triple...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar problem (actually, not sure if that's a real problem). For example, in DB rows I pick the heaviest weight possible for 12 reps, but that's for my right hand, and on the left side I usually get 9-10 reps (then adjust the grip and complete all 12). I think that over time grip strength becomes more symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aaron- Lol, what you complainin bout? You got me on squat and deadlift. @Danny- Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To show how dedicated you are to evening your grip strength, you should start doing everything with your left hand for two months.

    ReplyDelete