Wednesday, December 16, 2009

becca (14-15.12.09): Peanut Weights (like a boss!)

14.12.09
After I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill, I popped my deadlift and overhead press cherry. Gordon suggested I start deadlifting and doing overhead presses.
Press:

I started off with the normal bar and did a couple reps, but then I switched to the girl bar in order to get the form down. I did 3 sets of 5 reps with the girl bar.
Deadlift:
I started off with the 10kg plates on each side in order to get the form down. Then I did a few warmup reps at ~109 pounds (one 10kg plate and one 10lb on each side). My working set for the day was at ~129 pounds (and I do not remember how many reps of that I did, but I do remember that it was only one set =X)
Abs:
-2 minutes plank hold in normal position, 1 minute plank hold with right arm and left leg off ground, 1 minute plank hold with left arm and right leg off ground
-25 suitcases
-50 side crunches on each side


15.12.09
One of my goals is to compete in a triathlon. I hope to be able to compete in Iron Nerd (a baby triathlon) in late April/early May. With the triathlon goal in mind, I decided to swim and run for cardio today.
Swimming:
Total distance: 1100 yards (For Rene, this is approximately 1005.84 meters) = 22 laps
This was the sequence of swimming I followed:
-4 laps freestyle, 4 laps backstroke, 4 laps breaststroke, 3 laps freestyle, 4 laps backstroke, 3 laps breastroke
Running (on treadmill):
2.5 miles

I did weights in the evening.
Squats:
Warmup: 10 x 45, 8 x 65, 5 x 95
Working: 5 x 125, 5 x 125, 5 125
Bench:
I'm trying to get used to the new form...
Warmup: 10 x 65, 7 x 85
Working: 5 x 95, 5 x 95, 5 x 95



4 comments:

  1. Don't worry Danny, I didn't get this reference at first either (Becca is a teenage girl and thus a fount of pop culture references). 'Like a boss' is a phrase from a SNL skit, and it makes whatever you do sound cooler and more exciting.

    These weights aren't so peanut anymore becca, you are actually stronger than I was at your age/weight. Yes, I weighed the same as you when I was 19 :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gordon, thanks for the explanations. I also didn't understand some other terms: Triathlon, swimming, and running. Never heard of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are also stronger than I was at 19 (at least in squats and deadlifts), but you have to remember that you should be comparing yourself to other girls who lift. When was the last time you saw a girl squat or deadlift a full plate or bench 95 (except Dee)? Exactly.

    ReplyDelete