Monday, May 7, 2012

Squat, Press

Warm up cardio, incline crunches 3x15x25
Squats: 45x8, 95x5, 135x5, 175x3, 200x2
220x5
220x4
220x5
These weren't what I wanted. Started off well each set, but form went to hell on the last rep or two - leaning forward and my lower back crapping out. Didn't do a good enough job keeping my chest up. Will try this wight again on Friday or Saturday. I'm also debating trying a set or two w/o shoes. Watch this space.

Press: 45x8, 65x4, 85x3, 100x3
105x5
105x4
105x4
Not terrible. Was gassed after the squats, and was happy to get one set of 5. The 4 on the next one was disappointing, but the last one sort of made up for this.

I'm going to be pretty busy for the next two weeks with a final, a project, and significant research obligations. I expect to make it into the gym on my regular schedule, but one or two visits may have to be put off if 'shit gets real'. The good thing is come noon on May 21st, I will have 4 full months to focus on lifting alone, and can devote some more time to things I have been neglecting (learning power cleans, working on some assistance exercises, doing cardio, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment