Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JC (01/06)- Overhead Squats, Snatch, Front Squats, and Back Squats

Hey guys,
Today was my first time lifting weights in over three weeks. I came in without much of a plan, so I'm sorry if my workout seems a bit out of whack.

Overhead Squat:
35 kilos- 1x(5 or 6)
45 kilos- something...
55 kilos- something....

Then I started doing single Snatches:
65 kilos- Like once or twice
75kilos- Fail (Definitely due to bad technique)
Went back down to 55 kilos- Did around 5 more reps (with a min or two of rest, probably too long a rest period).

Front Squats:
Never really done them before. Started off with 95 lb warm up sets (I think 3), then:
135- 2x5
Felt pretty easy. I'm going to add ~10lbs to my Front Squats every workout until they start getting more challenging, then I'll change my strategy.

Back Squats:
Couple of warm up sets, then:
265- 1x4, failed on last rep
265- 1x2, failed on 3rd rep
Called it quits after this.

Ab roller:
2x5

Pretty soft workout I think. My right arm was hurting like hell the entire workout, specifically my tri's, shoulder and shoulder blades. But it was more of a deep, sharp pain, which leads me to think that I may have a pinched nerve. This pain came up a couple of days ago, all of a sudden too, without my lifting any weights, and now just springs up whenever I do any type of pushing movement.

Yo Frank, if I'm not supposed to keep benching, then what am I supposed to do tomorrow considering its a bench day?

1 comment:

  1. Let's talk about that in more detail tomorrow. There's nothing saying Olympic lifters can't bench, so you can keep doing it, there's just no reason to focus on it. I don't know how the really advanced guys train, but the handful of programs I've seen still include bench pressing, just not often - once or twice week, not 4-5 times like we do currently.

    ReplyDelete