Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Aaron 12/1

Skwuats (high bar with a pause)
225lbs x6
225lbs x4ish

Left Hand DB Press
45lbs x5
60lbsx4

A whole slew of dumbbell pressing, dumbbell benching, lateral raising, and rotator cuff stuff. Gave me such a wicked pump my shoulders actually hurt a bit. That's the fastest workout out I ever did. Imagine all that and some rows for 15 reps in 60min. I do warm up, but I don't write them...

I do have a gym story, lets hope no one gets mad at me for writing it...
So while I was doing my face pulls I see this dude in the squat rack. He's got 315lbs on the bar. I've seen this dude before. I usually see him doing curls, I think I saw him do like 225 a month a go on squats. So, I naturally think he's a bunny pumper. He does have big arms, but little legs. Anyway, so he gets under the bar, now I'm thinking he's gonna quarter squat it. He goes a little below parallel. Now I'm thinking that's his max, he reps it for 2 or 3! Then he does it again in another set. Without any yelling or belt. Not only did I misjudge him, I realized I was judging people on their weight moved. I have to correct my attitude. Not only do I have new-found respect for him, but for everyone else in the gym.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! Nobody's angry at you, Aaron. Glad to see you're starting to recover.

    As a general rule, I no longer pay attention to people in the gym unless they're doing something impressive, and if they are, they'll be in the squat rack, where I will be, so they'll be hard to miss. I think I have seen this guy though. Is he the dude with the pirate mustache? He does have impressive lower body strength for someone with such skinny legs.

    ReplyDelete