Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Patrick: 12/1 Volume Squats

Squats
Warm-up: 4x135, 4x135, 4x155
Working: 4x185 x5
Today I tried to work on bar position and depth of the squat. Generally I was pretty successful, hitting parallel pretty consistently today, although not below. Moving the bar down my shoulders went much better than it did the last time I tried. I believe the improvement is because I have more muscle on my shoulders to rest it on and I did a better job pinching my shoulders to push that tissue out. Although it's still a little strange, I'm confident it'll feel good shortly, and I'm told it improved my form dramatically.

Rack pulls
Working: 4x225 4x275 4x315 x2 (Setting a PR)
These rack pulls were from about knee level and generally felt very strong and were fast.

Squat with delay
5x135 x3, 5x155
We haven't done these before, and it turns out they're pretty tough. However, they gave me more practice on depth and bar position as before and felt productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment