Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nathan: 8/17 thru 8/19 Meet Prep

▼ 1. 8/19/09 - Wed - SHEIKO#29

Weight: 221. Time: 0:45.

  If this weight keeps up, I'm going as 242. I'm not about to diet down at this point.

  Murph said since its an IPA meet, I should just 'throw on a canvas suit and a double denim shirt and do the real thing.' I think it requires more planning than this, but its certainly an interesting thought.

• Foam roll - lower back

Dee went first on the monolift today, so I tried to warm up my lower back a lot.

• Squats 135x5x3, 225x3 (50), 275x3x2 (60), 315x2x3 (70)

These felt pretty good, actually. Dee checked depth on last set and said I was "clearly below parallel", which is a problem.

• Bench 155x3 (50), 185x3x2 (60), 215x2x3 (70)

This felt really stupid. Murph said my ass was clearly off the bench on the last set, although I felt my ass clearly in contact with the bench. Carlos has said the same thing previously, then watched me from the side and said I looked fine. So we'll see if I get red lighted on meet day.

▼ 2. 8/18/09 - Tue - CARDIO

Weight: 222. Time: 0:45.

  Really light cardio day.

• Cardio - bike 25 mins

• Stretch - soleus, gastroc, adductor on leg press, hamstrings (lots, feeling weird + lower back 

bothered), seated groin, hip flexors

▼ 3. 8/17/09 - Mon - SHEIKO #28

Weight: 221. Time: 0:40.

  This week is stupid workouts to get ready for meet.

• Bench 155x3 (50), 185x3x2 (60), 215x2x2 (70), 225x1x4 (75)

• Deadlift 275x3 (50), 335x2x2 (60), 385x2x4 (70)

Left side of lower back doesn't feel great. This bothered me all weekend and for the next couple days too. I hope it isn't an issue on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment